I never know how to spell porridge, if you follow the link it lists a few alternatives (porage, porrige, parritch, etc.) so that could explain my confusion , so it's not just the fact that my IQ is less than my show size. Anyway today one of those series of events came together to cause a particular non situation.
Unless someone ..... or something moved it! Well actually what happened is I threw the porridge bag a bit harder than I though and there was a gap behind the cans where it landed.
Then I thought about the similarity with faith, haunting and magic situations where people don't want to really know the answer and in most cases are just too lazy to find it. It's the basis for atrology , psychic charlatans and religious fraud like Creationism. Oh I cant think the Devil or God or The Fairies did it. Derek Acorah and Most Haunted play on this situation. I mean this are as as valid.
- My car has stopped, God must not want me to go to worker so he stopped my car:
- NO - You've run out of Petrol!
- The lights have gone out, Satan has plunged us into darkness:
- NO - A fuse has blown or you've not payed your bill
- The porridge has disappeared from the food cupboard, the porridge fairy must have moved it:
- NO - you chucked it in there too hard and it went to the back of the cupboard
Thought the rather excellent Bastard Fairies would be an appropriate song for today.