I am halfway through "The Talisman" by Jonathan Aycliffe and I thought it wasn't one of his best but I am coming to think it may be close to "The Matrix" one of his most frightening novels.
It is almost a drip, drip, drip of a slowly tightening screw of supernatural threat and horror.
Lots of unexplained deaths that point to a pre-Babylonian statue which may be of the Devil, a "Rosemary's Baby scenario, and a lot more.
Innocents are targets and with a blind wife in an old house, the possibility of malevolent ghosts I am enjoying this excellent tome.
I have just noticed a book of his that I was unaware of "The Silence of Ghosts" which I will have to get a copy of as he has not written a book that I didn't enjoy reading.
For some reason, Kate Bush's "Hammer Horror" comes to mind although that is far lighter in mood than this extremely scary book.,
I am not sure if you are aware of my writing on Vocal but these are a few of my stories if you would like to sample them:
- The Never Ending Story - My Directory
- The Never Ending Music - My Music Directory
- The Never Ending Poetry - My Poetry Directory
- An Owl In A Towel - A Beautiful Book by Lesley and Cheryl
- Three Reasons Why I Love Settle - Scaleber Force, The Hoffman Kiln and Castlebergh Crag
- The Accidental Book - Helping a Great Vocal Friend Resulted In Me Publishing My First Book
- Call Me Les - A Great Friend and An Amazing Writer