|St James Park - It always will be|
- Sacking of a perfectly good manager in Sam Allardyce
- Bringing back Keegan , and having Dennis Wise as director of football , a great player but a rubbish manager (Leeds , Millwall etc)
- The debacle of trying find a manager after Keegan , resulting in JFK (Joe 'king Kinnear) and Alan Shearer
- The attempted sale of the club , that no one wanted to buy because of the mess Ashley had made of the place
- Chris Hughton's appointment because no one wantted the job
- The sales of Andy Carroll , Jose Enrique , Kevin Nolan , sacking Joey Barton who they could have sold for a decent return , if not a profit
- The sacking of Chris Hughton and replacement by Mike Ashley's cockney casino buddy Alan Pardew
- The attempted commercial rebranding of St James' Park - yeah the Sportsdirect Arena sounds cheap , charver and nasty
So basically with this catalogue of horrors everyone in Newcastle is wondering what the hell is coming next , after all this . I mean look at Portsmouth, Hearts and Rangers , is Ashley any better than these owners deemed fit and proper by the English and Scottish Football Associatians?
Well really you have to look at where the club is now . Mike Ashley expressed a desire to make the club like Arsenal , to bring players through without spending a fortune and make the club a viable financial proposition. On thing Ashley can do is make money , look at Sports Direct. So where is the club now?
- After relegation , the club won the Championship under the leadership of Chris Hughton at a canter.
- In their first season in the Premiership things were going OK until the sacking of Hughton and appointment of Pardew
- This coincided with an influx of French unknowns and the sale of Andy Carrol for £35 million on the final day of the transfer window last January. Pardew was promised the money but it never seemed to materialise
- Apparently it has been invested in undersoil heating at the training ground. Have you noticed that under Ashley's stewardship Newcastle's only injuries happen on the playing field.
- The team have taken 4 points off Manchester United , and lie a comfortable fifth in the Premiership
- Demba Ba a free transfer replacement for Andy Carroll - well compare the scoring records
- Papiss Demba Cisse the biggest buy under Pardew at £10 million scored the winner on his home debut
- Hatem Ben Arfa , Yohan Cabaye, Tim Krul have all progressed under Ashley's overall stewardship
- Apparently the naming rights for the stadium would pay for Cisse , whether that's right or wrong is another question
Basically Ashley is doing more right than wrong , and expect more gaffes , but beware of getting rid because there's not that many decent club owners out there