Coming to the end of our week in Shrewsbury , well Hook-A-Gate and it has been most excellent. Lots of new discoveries meeting great people and finding things I didn't know were there , but thats the joy of going to different places.
I always look for the positives in things and got a phonecall from my neighbour , he'd discovered a leak in our second bathroom , luckily it stayed in bathroom but leaked through to the kitchen , so will see the full extent tomorrow. Just shows what brilliant neighbours I have , so will have to make sure I get an extra special looking after the house present.
Anyway this week I have discovered , in no praticular order of brilliance:
- A wonderful pub , with excellent staff , great food and excellent service, The New Inn at Hook-A-Gate.
- A wonderful cottage to stay in , The Old Coach House, very comfortable , well equipped with really friendly owners
- Excentric Tattoo Parlour run by Val and Dirk and two girls who may or may not be their daughters , but crammed with amazing stuff , and all as friendly as anything
- Attingham Park a wonderful National Trust property with amazing grounds and a fantastic stately home , complete with deer and sharp horned cattle
- Cromwell's in Shrewsbury , incredibly friendly , and they do excellent food but make you feel very welcome.
- In The Groove - an excellent vinyl and memorabilia emporium with a really nice lady running in . I dont normally buy vinyl but came away with some very nice stuff. It's in The Parade Shopping Center in Shrewsbury which is full of interesting shops.